TOP 3 BENEFITS:
- Innovative solutions for moving and turning packs to form palletization layers
- Highly flexible, entirely modular and robotic systems
- Can handle all types of secondary packaging
AxoSmart® and RoboSmart® layer preparation solutions have been designed by Gebo Cermex to meet the need for more eco-friendly packaging (lightweight bottles and less secondary packaging) which is also easier to handle, and thus to handle a growing variety of pack types, especially smaller packs.
The system consists of:
- A dosing conveyor that counts and separates cases
- A transfer table made up of a mat of flat chains (for channeling and conveying the packs at the right speed)
- One or more gripper heads, which transfer and turn the packs into the correct position
- A layer forming table for positioning the packs according to the chosen palletization pattern.
Thanks to their modular design, these systems can be perfectly adapted to various line speed requirements. They are ideal for handling more delicate packs, cases and containers, as they offer optimal stability, even for smaller packs.
They are both highly reliable and flexible: the machine can handle all kinds of secondary packaging (cases, packs and crates) with extreme precision, and the number of modules can be adapted to suit various line speeds.
Performance levels are high, further enhanced by the possibility of handling several types of packs in the same cycle.
Other advantages include:
- Rapid format and palletization pattern changeovers managed completely by software (with no manual adjustments of mechanisms required). Ideal for frequent format changeovers.
- Minimal need for maintenance, thanks to simple mechanical construction.
- Low running costs because of integrated servomotors for pack movements.
- Potentially unlimited number of palletization patterns can be created.
- Easy-to-use operator interface with touch screen for programming and checking the status of system peripherals.
- The “positive turning” system: a mat with flat chains guaranteeing pack stability at the infeed, since its surface is completely level