Launch of the F312 vertical case erector for low and medium speeds
In October, Cermex is launching a new automatic vertical case erector for American-style (Regular Slotted Container or “RSC”) cardboard boxes.
Designed for the low and medium speeds, the F312 is an addition to the F3 range, enabling it to offer a comprehensive set of solutions for erecting RSC cases, and thus to handle any type of industrial challenge. Built with our high-quality components and finished to the same superior level as our high-speed machines, our new vertical case erector offers the best compactness/price/performance ratio currently available on the market.
Its quality and reliability are unprecedented for low and medium speed machines, which makes it ideal for demanding industrial environments. The F312 is also well positioned economically, in a context of starting to automate the end of a line; since it is easy to isolate, the erection function can constitute the first step in such automation.
Economical, ergonomic, and flexible, the new F312 is available with the main standard automation equipment brands.
Open All ▼
A comprehensive range of solutions for erecting american cases
With the launch of the F312 vertical case erector, Gebo Cermex’s global portfolio now offers a pertinent industrial solution to meet any need :
- The F312 vertical case erector for the low and medium speed segment, up to 30 cases per minute;
- The F38 horizontal case erector for the high-speed segment, up to 55 cases per minute,
- The F39 horizontal case erector for very high speeds of up to 70 cases per minute.
The new equipment offers the same performance standards as the high-speed machinery:
- The cardboard blanks magazine rests on two separate conveyors equipped with chains and driven in controlled and independent manner for smooth advance and accurate positioning of the blank at the extraction station;
- The case is extracted and folded positively in two stages, by means of two mechanical arms with eight suction cups, for higher efficiency, compared with systems combining extraction and folding on a fixed guide in one step;
- The bottom flaps are folded positively;
- The longitudinal flaps are pre-folded at a standstill with the case being squared up;
- The cases, as held square, are transferred sequentially by a mechanical pusher and then by motor-driven side belts with controlled speed, for regular and uniform application of hot-melt glue strips or adhesive tape;
- The erected cases are then handled between side belts, with compensation/absorption of tolerances over the width of the box;
- A uniform pressure for sealing is applied statically before removal;
- The equipment HMI is a 6” or 7” touch-screen display panel;
- The machine is able to handle a wide range of packaging.
Didier Saussereau – Case Packing Product Manager: “The new F312 vertical case erector significantly improves our capacity to meet any type of need. Firstly, it brings our quality standard to low and medium throughput contexts, for SMEs who expect reliability while keeping their costs under control. Secondly, it enables us to improve our positioning on robotized high speed case packing lines on which the case throughput nevertheless remains low. The F312 is also advantageous in situations of high compactness constraints, since its compact design enables it to be installed easily in new or existing packaging line. Finally, this launch is also targeting global key manufacturers who wish to globalize their sourcing on peripheral equipment that has hitherto been neglected by global equipment manufacturers.”
A new machine that fits all production environments
A versatile machine
The new F312 automatic vertical case erector is designed to handle American-style cardboard cases (RSCs and HSCs - Half Slotted Containers) of any type, quality, and thickness of cardboard.
Changing format takes less than 2 minutes:
- The number of adjustment points is reduced by centralization;
- All of the adjustment points are accessible on a single side of the case former;
- Adjustments are fast thanks to quick-release systems (push-pull, without requiring a crank handle);
A flexible machine
Its modular design makes it possible to choose between three types of closure for the bottom flaps of the box:
- By hot-melt gluing;
- By adhesive tape;
- By double closure by combining both (hot melt + adhesive tape).
In addition, a machine delivered with closure by adhesive tape can be retrofitted to hot-melt if the user wishes to change or upgrade its process.
A compact machine
- It fits into the most confined of places, whether it be in an in-line or a 90° configuration;
- The magazine capacity is maximized, with a working loading length of 1,400 mm, giving excellent machine autonomy between reloading;
- It can be transported without disassembly in a 20’ dry shipping container;
- It can be installed in no longer than half a day.
A machine available with the main standard automation equipment brands
- Rockwell Automation
Tested successfully with major organizations before its official launch in October and its presence on our stand at the FachPack Trade Fair (Nuremberg - 29 September to 1st October – Stand 4A-410), the new vertical case erector is fully in tune with the philosophy of our “Ready-to-Go” range, made up of machinery adapted to a broad range of industrial sectors and offering high flexibility in terms of packaging sizes and ranges of settings.
Open All ▼