Starcans HS has been developed from a proven successful generation of Gebo can fillers, installed worldwide for years with major producers of beer, soft drinks, and non-carbonated products.
The logic underlying this remarkable machine is based on a simple fact: in the beverage industry the can is a container with very precise size requirements. This led to the concept of a patented filling system with absolutely unique features, providing very high precision filling in terms of level and volume, using extremely simple and easy-to-maintain filling valves.
A cam guides the centering bell down onto the can. The lift raises the can, already closed by the bell, into the filling position. The can is then fluxed with inert gas to eliminate air and avoid product oxidation. Once the can is pressurized, a spring automatically opens the filling valve and the product flows down the can walls.
The can is slightly overfilled, and then moved vertically until the desired fill level is obtained. The filling valve is closed and the can is lowered to the initial position. At this stage the can head space is expanded with consequent reduction in pressure with no emission (and therefore consumption) of gas outside.
The final decompression is completed by a push button valve making residual gas flow into a separate chamber at atmospheric pressure. The bell is raised thus freeing the can ready to be transferred to the seamer.
- Mechanical-type filling valve
- Few components and rubbers
- No level tube
- Push buttons with external return spring for easier sanitization and replacement
- Open/close control with clutch outside the bowl to avoid any possible contamination
- Pneumatically worked centering bell with easily varied seal strength on edge
- Modular design with independent disassembly of various components
The machine is designed to be sanitized in a closed circuit using dummy cans. All parts that come into contact with the product are treated in the sanitization cycles. During the filling stage, the dummy cans are in a retracted position with regards to the filling valve.
During sanitization, the dummy cans are inserted and released automatically by a command on the operator panel. An optional automatic external disinfecting system for the machine, using chemicals and hot water, is available.
A PC with graphics software provides user-friendly functional control of the machine.
The IT platform also provides access to electronic handbooks, tele service, and stored history data (alarms, production data, and working parameters).
- Products handled: beer, soft drinks, non-carbonated products
- Various can sizes, diameters, and mouths may be handled
- Patented filling system based on the combined action of filling valve and can lift
- High precision level in can obtained without level tubes
- Filling level in all valves adjusted simply by varying the setting of a single cam
- Wide range of models able to satisfy all production requirements (up to over 2000 cpm)
- Mechanical-type can lift with spring return
- High performance
- Simple sanitization, thanks to special automatically applied dummy cans
- Two-stage decompression after filling carbonated products: first stage takes place in the can with no foam or CO2 consumption; the second stage involves reduced pressure with discharge in a separate chamber
- Designed for hot filling option with product recycling
- Complete drainage of fluids
- Robust reliable mechanical construction
- Infeed star wheel driven directly by the filling carousel for perfect synchronization in all working conditions
- Can be blocked with main models of seamers