The movements of this automated machine are programmed to perform high-speed crating. Suitable for various applications, the machine is very ﬂexible thanks to the modularity/orientation of the units, wide working area and combined operations. Easy access and minimal ﬂoor space requirements mean it can be readily ﬁtted into existing lines.
- Bottle handling system by means of individual, pneumatically operated grippers, grouped on gripping heads adapted for the various sizes of crates to be handled.
- The beam supporting the gripping heads can move on three axes; two are used for crating operations, while the third is used for automatic format changeovers.
- Movements controlled by self-braking brushless motors.
- Fully automatic operation, controlled by PLC Siemens S7.
The standard machine is supplied complete with:
- Vertical column in welded steel, supporting the beam with the heads, and moving it on two axes
- Sturdy horizontal beam in welded steel carrying the gripping heads.
- Bottle charge/discharge conveyor table with self-supporting structure in AISI 304 stainless steel and stainless steel chains with 85 mm pitch.
- Crate conveyor with AISI 304 stainless steel structure and stainless steel chain and case synchronization system.
- System for adjusting machine speed according to bottle presence on conveyor.
Electric system on the machine, complete with:
- Main electric panel in painted steel, to be positioned at max 3 m from the machine, complete with PLC Siemens and power elements.
- Touch screen operator panel, with faults display, also enabling, when required, manual mode control of the individual functions in the operating cycle.
- Complete electric wiring with galvanized steel cable trays.
- Complete pneumatic system with ﬁlter and pressure reducer.
- Lubrication of the main units at centralized points.
- Epoxy paint, with one coat of primer after sandblasting.
- Safety guards around the machine.
- Single set of parts (handling one size and type of bottle in one size and type of plastic crate) includes:
- set of gripping heads with pneumatic grippers;
- set of pneumatically operated mobile crate centering devices.
Double crater for bottles and cluster pack application
- The movement of the beam carrying the heads is alternated. The bottles are gripped by individual, pneumatically-operated grippers.
- During normal production, operation is fully automatic.
- The movements are driven by electromechanical drive units electronically controlled by PLC.
- When required, the individual movements can be controlled and operated independently by selecting “manual” mode on the operator panel. When several formats of bottles/crates are to be handled, the machine can be equipped with a rack to house the various sets of gripping heads.
- The fact the beam carrying the gripping heads can move along a third axis means automated, rapid changeovers can be made.
- By selecting the automatic changeover mode on the operator panel, the beam carrying the heads automatically deposits the set of heads in the rack at a pre-deﬁned position and picks up the set of heads required for the next run.
- Changeover times are thus greatly reduced.